Thursday 5 January 2012

Year of the Dragon

Perhaps that's why they released the Hollywood version of 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' after Christmas. You'd think they'd have waited a few days longer though.

It was a long Christmas. Relaxing, yes, but equally, challenging. I don't know about fidelity but I do know that humans were not programmed to endure prolonged periods as adults with their families. All the petty jealousies, insecurities and agenda's come to the surface eventually, yet too soon. The squabbling, competitiveness and final showdown do not 'a good Christmas make'.

Not the best end to a difficult year and then back to work with news headlines talking about the world economy. Depression. Recession. Apparently there are signs of life in the US economy. Woohoo.

Against the run of play I managed to squeeze in some writing here and there. Admittedly at times I had one eye closed because I couldn't focus properly on the page (ah red wine, my muse, my downfall), but with a little tweaking during the transcription I have to admit I'm pretty pleased with progress.

School recommences next week and at the end of last year I came to the realisation that my writing teacher doesn't like me very much (I'm a bit like marmite, you either love me or hate me). I'm not sure whether that should bother me. It doesn't usually but if I'm looking to her for advice and guidance then I'm not going to get very far am I?

Hey ho. Onwards and upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment