Wednesday 11 January 2012

In it to win it

Apparently the best way to get yourself a profile in the writing world is to try and win some competitions. So my resolution in the Year of the Dragon is to give is a go. You've got to be in it to win it right?

I submitted my first entry yesterday - a 40 line poem entitled 'The Lost Generation.' I'm assuming I can't share it because if I did then it would mean it had been published and hence would technically no longer qualify. I can talk about the competition though. It's for a really good cause - the Alan Sillitoe Statue Fund.

It's really interesting, he was a British Writer who published both poems and novels. I hadn't realised that one was able to do both, I'd assumed you had to choose one or the other. You learn something new every day.

Best of luck to the ASSF, I hope they raise enough money for the memorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment