Monday 23 January 2012

The Sublime to the Ridiculous

Last week our homework started with a class exercise where we had to choose one of eight different heroes, ranging from a 103 year old woman to a Squirrel. We were given 5 minutes to describe where they lived, their temperament and their most precious thing.

I should have guessed it was leading to something but of course I didn't and chose a Goldfish. Our homework was to write a story about our hero finding something really precious they thought they'd lost. It was certainly a challenge. I'm just glad it wasn't my turn to be read out.

This week we're working on a children's story. Not really my bag either but it's great to have a challenge. I'd strongly recommend a creative writing class to anyone, not least for the range of genres you're encouraged to dabble in.

2 comments:

  1. Great advice :) And a good critique group is worth it's weight in old too!

    Nice blog! I will see if I can help find you some more visitors.

    ReplyDelete